Case Study – Vink Holdings
Vink Holdings is made up of over 100 businesses in 22 countries making them the largest distributor of plastic in Europe and China. The board were struggling to obtain a clear view of their IP portfolio due to the individual way each business was managing its own IP.
They needed a better way of working to understand their current IP’s market value and ensure that this and any future IP acquisitions were effectively managed. Our goal was to streamline this huge conglomerate’s processes to maximise the protection and value of their IP portfolio.
Our Approach &
- From our initial conversation we identified that a centralised approach to managing their IP was needed.
- Each business region was appointed an IP representative and we met virtually as a group and individually to conduct an in-depth IP audit and identify their needs.
- We devised an overall Group IP strategy to satisfy the boards commercial viewpoint and clearly communicated this to each IP representative.
- Each IP representative was given a set of straightforward steps to take in order to align their territory with the Group IP strategy.
The Group IP Strategy was successfully implemented within 12 months, in addition to all regions becoming compliant we have:
- Registered numerous trade mark filings to bolster their IP portfolio. Identified and remove IP rights with no value to reduce costs.
- Provided each regional IP representative with direct support to reduce their administrative burden and ensure they understand their responsibilities.
- Implemented smooth processes for annual IP reviews, the development of and launch of new brands, and company acquisitions.
- Agreed a fixed-fee retainer to enable them to manage their IP budget easily with no surprises!
Vink Holdings Ltd
“Though outside of my bailiwick I saw commercial and financial value in a strategic review of our group IP which following a period of acquisition activity had become cumbersome and lacked clarity of ownership. I engaged the services of Matt Sammon who proceeded to guide me through the rationalisation and centralisation of our IP resulting in a secure and clear strategy and saving cost in the process. Vink Holdings is now comfortable that its IP strategy is in good shape as it continues its organic growth and acquisition strategy with the resultant IP development across multiple geographies.”
Book your free consultation
We have the experience to understand your issue, get your business, and grasp the challenge you’re facing from day one. Are you ready to have a meaningful conversation about your IP?Get In Touch